Broadway Shopping Centre
The Broadway Shopping Centre in the centre of Bradford was Built by developer Westfield and its construction team. Pitts Wilson was delighted to be involved with transforming the decade-old plans for 570,000 sq ft of retail space into a modern shopping centre that the tenants, the city and its residents could be proud of. Pitts Wilson’s were appointed to undertake the full design, install and testing and commissioning of the Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Services on this high-profile development. Our professional teams delivered a first class installation on time and to budget. The design was undertaken in-house via full BIM format utilising revit software.
The project comprised the full range of Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing services including the following: –
- Landlords HV distribution, various sub-stations along with incoming LV supplies to the numerous shop units,
- Gas services to landlord installations and tenant shop units
- Landlord 1000kVA standby generator, backing up security, IT installations and all life safety systems
- 60kVA UPS UPS system backing up security and IT installations
- Ventilation systems to basement, Mall and general areas including smoke vent to basement.
- Air Conditioning Systems
- Boiler Plant and Domestic Hot water systems
- All Sanitary ware and Drainage
- BMS system
- Air conditioning systems
- Rainwater Systems
- General power to all landlord areas
- Lighting and emergency lighting to car parks, landlord BOH areas, mall, public amenities, food court, external building lighting, plant deck lighting
- Security system, CCTV and recording backup for 31 days.
- Life safety systems: fire alarm system to all landlord areas and interface units to all tenant systems, PAVA system, firemen’s telephones, disabled refuge alarms
- Electrical supplies to specialist equipment: car park barriers, passenger lifts, auto doors, sprinkler systems, car park pay on foot machines, mechanical plant etc
- Project Value £9m completed November 2015.